What Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your browser, IP address, time zone, and operating system. We may collect the URL of the website you came from or the website you next go to. We also collect information about the pages you view, click on, and interact with on this Site.
This helps us understand how visitors use our Site and improve the overall experience. The information we automatically collect may be associated with other personal information we collect from you.
We may also collect the following:
- Email address
- Phone/mobile number
- Home/Mailing address
- Credit card or other payment information
- Date of birth
- Geolocation/GPS information
- Photographs or other images
- Social media profile information
- Driver’s license or other government ID numbers
We collect this personal information when you:
- Create an account or profile on our Site
- Make a donation or purchase on our Site
- Contact us via email, social media, phone, or mail
- Interact with our ads, surveys, contests, or promotions
- Attend an event hosted by us
- Submit an application for employment or volunteer work
We may also obtain information about you from third party sources to update or supplement the information you provide us. These third party sources may include social media platforms, public databases, data brokers, our partners or advertisers, and others.
We may collect payment and billing information if you register for a paid program, make a donation, purchase a product, or pay to attend an event. This may include credit/debit card or other payment account information and billing address.
We may monitor or record phone calls, video chats, in-person meetings, and other communications for quality assurance, training, and other purposes.
How We Use Personal Information
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Site, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and service improvement.
- To improve the Site and enhance your experience with the Site.
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities related to the Site.
- To contact you about your account or questions you submitted to us.
- For any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect your information.
How We Disclose Personal Information
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, except in the following circumstances:
- To service providers and suppliers who help us operate the Site.
- To comply with legal obligations, including responding to legal process such as subpoenas.
- To protect the rights and property of s-o-c.org and our users.
- During emergencies when safety is at risk.
- When transferring assets during a sale, merger, dissolution, or similar event.
Your Rights Over Personal Information
You may request access or deletion of your personal information at any time by emailing privacy%s-o-c.org. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions in those emails.
The Site is intended for a general audience and is not directed to children under 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16 without parental consent. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we will take steps to delete such information.
If you are a parent or guardian who believes your child under 16 has submitted personal information to the Site without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com so we can take appropriate action.
We encourage parents and guardians to be aware of and participate in their children’s online activities. You can find tips and resources about protecting children’s privacy online at consumer.ftc.gov.
The Site may contain content appropriate for children over 12 years old. However, children under 16 should only access the Site with involvement, supervision, and approval of a parent or legal guardian.
If we collect personal information from children under 16 through surveys, contests, or other means, we will not require a child to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to participate in the activity.
We may collect the following types of information from children under 16 only with parental/guardian consent:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Photo, video, or audio files containing a child’s image or voice
- Information about hobbies and extracurricular activities
- Geolocation information
If we want to collect personal information from children under 16 for additional purposes such as marketing or research studies, we will provide parents/guardians with notification and obtain verifiable consent before collecting such information. Parents/guardians can revoke consent at any time by contacting us.
We will not require a child under 16 to provide more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in an activity or promotion.
We take appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect personal information collected from children under 16. We limit internal access to such information to employees who have a need to access it to carry out our Site’s activities.
Changes to this Policy
privacy()s-o-c.org – replace () with @.
Update on September 6, 2023